On occasion, it is necessary to cancel a class on short notice (possibly due to bad weather, illness, emergencies, etc.). It is Benders’ policy to try to post class cancellations a minimum of one hour before the class is scheduled to run.
When a class is cancelled, Benders will send an email to all clients who have reserved a spot in the class AND have a VALID EMAIL ADDRESS associated with their online account. Emails will only be sent to those who have reserved – therefore, even if you usually attend a class, but have not reserved for that specific class, YOU WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED.
Since we do not have access to client phone numbers outside of the studio, NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE MADE to notify clients of class cancellations.
In light of these policies, it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that all clients make a habit of checking the Benders website before leaving their home/office/etc to attend a class at Benders. Cancellations are rare, but they DO happen.
During times of inclement weather (especially in winter), it is the Benders policy to cancel classes in the following instances:
- anytime the police have issued a travel advisory asking people to stay off the roads due to current or impending dangerous driving conditions
- anytime city busses are not running due to poor road conditions
- anytime school busses are not running (in the city of London) due to poor weather
- anytime it is deemed unsafe or impractical for a teacher to travel to the studio due to weather conditions
- other instances as they arise (illness, emergency, etc)
Please remember that weather and driving conditions can change dramatically over short distances in our lovely city. We urge all clients to make their personal safety their TOP priority when deciding to attend a class during inclement weather. Just because a class is running, it doesn’t mean that travel conditions are ideal. Just like we ask in yoga classes – please use your own best judgement at all times!
As a last thought, please remember that power outages also occur from time to time. In this instance, it may be impossible for Benders to post class cancellations to the website in a timely manner (or at all!) We appreciate your understanding.